Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule
Upcoming Radon Courses
- February 20-25, 2017 - Combined Radon Measurement and Mitigation Course and Exams - Little Rock, Arkansas
- March 6, 2017 - Radon Continuing Education Training - Manhattan, Kansas
Combined Radon Measurement and Mitigation Course and Exams
February 20-25, 2017 - Little Rock, Arkansas
Freeway Medical Building Board Room, #906 (9th floor)*
5800 W. 10th Street
Little Rock, AR 72204
- (Measurement Exam – Tuesday evening at 5:30 p.m.)
- (Mitigation Exam – Saturday morning at 8 a.m.)
To register online, visit: https://outreach.ksu.edu/etrakWebApp/Registration.aspx?MeetingCode=605097AV
- Upon receipt of registration you will be sent an electronic confirmation letter and map.
- After payment and within 3 weeks of the class you will be sent an email with study recommendations.
Radon Continuing Education
March 6, 2017 - Manhattan, Kansas
Sponsored by MURC-KSU and MURC-UMN in cooperation with Heartland Chapter AARST
Two 8 hour courses will be offered at the same time - starting at 8am until 5pm with lunch provided. Both these courses are (will be) approved for NE, KS and IA CE credit and will qualify for NRPP Category I CE credit.
Radon Mitigation Quality Assurance – Higher Net Profit and More Client Referrals - 8 hours
Instructor: Bill Angell MURC-UMN
Participating in this Radon Mitigation Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) workshop give you a strong customized plan that will save you money, improve your profit, limit legal liability, and increase customer satisfaction and referrals. This NRPP approved Category I CE workshop begins by providing you with a 50+ page QAP template on a flash drive. After you load the template on your laptop or pad style device, we spend about 90% of our time talking through and customizing a Plan for your business. You begin with the most solid and an exceptionally thorough radon mitigation QAP template and you end the day with the best advice available to be successful in business.
If you already have a QA Plan for mitigation, bring it for suggestions on improvement.
To get the most out of this workshop: 1. bring your laptop or pad style device with battery power to last 7 hours 2. plan to offer and hear great suggestions; and 3. expect to have fun.
$175 including Heartland Chapter AARST fee: $150 without fee.
Inspecting the Radon Mitigation System with Home Inspection with Field Reviews - 8 hours
Instructor: Bruce Snead MURC-KSU
This course provides information about properly installed radon mitigation systems, along with an overview of radon, radon entry and behavior, standard radon mitigation methods, available system checklists from national programs and regulatory states, and lots of examples of what and what not to do. It will also include 2-4 site visits or case studies (option if weather is an issue) to inspect existing radon mitigation systems using alternative checklists.
$175 including Heartland Chapter AARST fee: $150 without fee.
Location: (not at the stakeholder meeting hotel)
Engineering Extension Training Facility
2323 Anderson Ave, Suite 300, Manhattan, KS 66502
(enter building tower from the circle drive at the back and take the elevator to the 3rd floor)
To register online, visit: https://outreach.ksu.edu/etrakWebApp/Registration.aspx?MeetingCode=605097AW
- To register online, you will need to set up an account with a user id (which is your e-mail address) and password. If are already in our system from a previous workshop, you'll be taken to the registration form.
- Or, fax your completed registration form to 785-532-2422.
- To register by mail, send your completed form to: Radon Workshop Registration, K-State Global Campus, Kansas State University, 1615 Anderson Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66502.
Call the Conferences and Non-Credit Programs Registration Office at 785-532-5569 or 1-800-432-8222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information. Please include the name of the event in the subject line of your e-mail. For workshop questions, call Bruce Snead at 785-532-4992. Please register by February 24.
You can pay by check on site, by credit card ahead of time or we can invoice your firm. Course fee includes course materials, break, and lunch. Upon receipt of registration you will be sent an electronic confirmation letter and map.
Other Regional In-Person Courses
For further information about MURC-UMN courses, including information and registration for courses held in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin go to the MURC web site: www.cce.umn.edu/radon
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required hands-on field session is also completed and the Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: January 1 - January 31, 2017, (start anytime on or after January 1, finish by January 31)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: January 1 – March 15, 2017 (start anytime January 1 or after, finish by March 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: February 1 - March 15, 2017 (start anytime February 1 or after, finish by March 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)
CE Options for Kansas Certified Professionals
In addition to the online courses hosted by KSU identified above the following options are available for continuing education courses:
- Any of the Regional Radon Training Centers; web sites can be found here:
- AARST-NRPP continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- NRSB continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- Radon Away training courses:
- CERTI training courses: