Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule 2015
Combined Radon Measurement and Mitigation Course and Exams
April 27 - May 2, 2015 -- Salina, KS
Serves all KS Radon Certification requirements.
For content questions call Bruce Snead at 785-532-4992, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular fees for these courses and exams are identified in the Registration Fees below. As a result of Saline County Health Department support, there is a reduced training fee for the Combined Course and Exams of $200 available for up to 10 participants who agree to the following stipulations:
- Complete the course and take both exams, and
- Complete two materials-subsidized radon mitigations in low income homes through donated labor by September 1, 2015. (Participants will work under the direct supervision of a radon certified mitigation technician on homes identified by the Saline County Health department.)
- Course Certificates will be held until two mitigations are completed or until September 1st.
- Participants who complete the mitigations can also request a rebate of the $200 fee from the Saline County Health Department.
- Class participants who complete the course and pass the exams may apply on their own to receive Kansas certification in both measurement and mitigation.
Salina Area Technical College
Building A, Rm A-112 (Mon); Rm A-131 (Tue-Sat)
2562 Centennial Rd Salina, KS 67401 785-309-3100
8 am - 5 pm, Monday- Friday
Measurement Exam: Tuesday evening at 5:30 pm
Mitigation Exam: Saturday morning at 8:00 am
The Measurement course is Monday - Tuesday, with Measurement exam at 5:30. The Mitigation course begins at 8:00 am on Wednesday and runs through the Mitigation exam Saturday morning.
If you are interested only in mitigation and have not already taken a measurement course, you must attend all week to properly prepare for the mitigation exam.
If you have already taken a measurement course you can attend the mitigation course from Wednesday - Friday and take the exam on Saturday morning.
Deadline: April 13, 2015
|Registration Fees*||Before April 13||After April 13|
|5-Day Combined Course + both exams||$775||$825|
|5-Day Reduced Fee Combined Course/exams||$200*||$250|
|Measurement course + exam||$475||$525|
|Measurement course only||$400||$450|
Mitigation course + exam
**(previous measurement course required)
|Mitigation course only||$500||$550|
|Either exam only||$125||$150|
*Note: This Salina training is offering reduced fees for up to 10 participants willing to donate labor hours under the direction of the mitigation instructor for installing two mitigation systems by September 1, 2015. The Saline County Health Department will identify homes with high radon concentrations belonging to low-income residents. Those participating in the grant-funded program will have registration fees rebated after installing two radon mitigation systems. Course certificates will be held until two mitigations are completed or until September 1st. Funding will be provided by a CARE (Community Action for Renewed Environment) grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency received by the City of Salina.
For refund or cancellation policy, see pp. 2-3 of the flyer.
To register online, visit here. To register online, you will need to set up an account with a user id (which is your e-mail address) and password. If are already in our system from a previous workshop, you'll be taken to the registration form.
Or, fax your completed registration form to 785-532-2422.
To register by mail, send your completed form to:
Radon Workshop Registration Kansas State University K-State Global Campus 1615 Anderson Avenue Manhattan, KS 66502
For registration questions or problems, phone the Conferences and Noncredit Programs Registration Office at 785-532-5569 or 1-800-432-8222 or email email@example.com between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please register by April 13.
For more details and to access the mail-in registration form, and please download the flyer.
Call the Conferences and Non-Credit Programs Registration Office at 785-532-5569 or 800-432-822, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information. Please include the name of the event in the subject line of your email. For workshop questions, call Bruce Snead at 785-532-4992.
A conference or non-credit program participant who needs accommodations due to a disability or who has special dietary requirements should indicate services needed at the time of registration. If you have further questions, please contact the Conference Registration Office at 785-532-5569 or 800-432-8222. Early notification is requested, by April 6, to ensure that accommodations can be provided in a timely manner.
Other Regional In-Person Courses
For further information about MURC-UMN courses, including information and registration for courses held in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin go to the MURC web site: www.cce.umn.edu/radon (link is external)
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required “hands-on” or “field” portion of the mitigation training is also accomplished and the “Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training” is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: March 1 - March 31, (start anytime on or after March 1, finish by March 31)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: January 15 – March 31 (start anytime January 15 or after, finish by March 31)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: February 15 - March 31 (start anytime February 15 or after, finish by March 31)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)