Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule
Upcoming Radon Courses
Combined Radon Measurement & Mitigation - May 15-20, 2017 - Lubbock, Texas
Conducted by Engineering Extension at Kansas State University in partnership with the Texas SIRG program at Texas Tech University.
Serves all AARST-NRPP Certification requirements. For content questions call Bruce Snead at K-State: (785) 532-4992.
Location: Institute of Environmental and Human Health
Texas Tech University
1207 Gilbert Dr. Bldg 555 - Lecture Hall
Lubbock, TX 79416 Free parking on site
Course Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
(Measurement Exam - Tuesday evening at 5:30 p.m.)
(Mitigation Exam - Saturday morning at 8 a.m.)
The Measurement course is Monday-Tuesday, with the Measurement exam Tuesday at 5:30. The Mitigation course begins at 8 a.m. on Wednesday and runs through the Mitigation exam Saturday morning.
If you are interested only in mitigation and have not already taken a measurement course, you must attend all week to properly prepare for the mitigation exam.
If you have already taken a measurement course, you can attend the mitigation course from Wednesday thru Friday and take the exam on Saturday morning.
Accommodations: Arrange on your own. See course flyer for options.
To register online, visit: https://www.enrole.com/ksu/jsp/session.jsp?sessionId=605097AX&courseId=RADONCOURSE&categoryId=10001
- To register online, you will need to set up an account with a username and password. If you are already in our system from a previous workshop, you'll be taken to the course information and registration form.
- Or, fax your completed registration form to (785) 532-2422.
- To register by mail, send your completed form to: Radon Workshop Registration, K-State Global Campus, Kansas State University, 1615 Anderson Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66502.
For registration questions or problems, call the Conferences and Noncredit Programs Registration Office at (785) 532-5569 or 1-800-432-8222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please register by May 1.
Pay by check on-site, by credit card ahead of time, or we can invoice your firm. Course fee includes study materials, breaks, and lunches all days except Wednesday and Saturday.
- Upon receipt of registration you will be sent an electronic confirmation letter and map.
- After payment and within 3 weeks of the class you will be sent an email with study recommendations.
For more information about the course, see course flyer.
Other Regional In-Person Courses
For further information about MURC-UMN courses, including information and registration for courses held in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin go to the MURC web site: www.cce.umn.edu/radon
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required hands-on field session is also completed and the Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: February 1 - March 3, 2017, (start anytime on or after February 1, finish by March 3)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: January 1 – March 15, 2017 (start anytime January 1 or after, finish by March 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: February 1 - March 15, 2017 (start anytime February 1 or after, finish by March 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)
CE Options for Kansas Certified Professionals
In addition to the online courses hosted by KSU identified above the following options are available for continuing education courses:
- Any of the Regional Radon Training Centers; web sites can be found here:
- AARST-NRPP continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- NRSB continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- Radon Away training courses:
- CERTI training courses: