Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule
Thursday, September 15, 2016 - Radon Certification CE Training
This day of continuing education training will be conducted by Engineering Extension at Kansas State University on September 15, 2016 prior to the Great Plains ASHI Chapter Annual Fall Seminar September 16-17, 2016, at the KCI Expo Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Serves all KS and NRPP Radon Certification requirements. For content questions call Bruce Snead at 785-532-4992, firstname.lastname@example.org.
KCI Expo Center
11730 NW Ambassador Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64153
Course Flyer: here.
Date/Time Course/Event Fee
8-12 noon Developing Your Radon Business $75
4 Credit Hours NRPP and KDHE
All companies with multiple employees face two basic issues: 1) employee recruitment and hiring processes and 2) employee evaluation and retention processes. We will review current best practices regarding 1) modern tools for employee selection and 2) modern tools for performing effective employee appraisals. Time will be included during the hiring process discussion for the class to provide real-life experience (both good and bad) in terms of employee hiring. A sample radon-specific employee appraisal model will be provided during the appraisal section, one each for measurement employees and mitigation employees.
Companies that do not market do not secure new jobs. This course will review current trends in marketing, touching with some weight on all of the following; 1) personal selling, 2) public relations, 3) sales promotion, 4) direct marketing, and 5) advertising. Special attention will be paid to digital marketing environments, both paid and un-paid, and how digital marketing can provide greater reach for your business messaging. Examples of in-the-world digital marketing efforts by current radon businesses will be discussed for both the good and the bad.
Presenter: Brian Hanson, MURC- KSU
1-5 pm QA/QC for the Measurement & Mitigation Professional $75
4 Credit Hours NRPP and KDHE
This course will help you either develop or improve radon measurement and/or mitigation quality assurance plans (QAP). QAPs are essential elements for customer service and liability protection, and are a necessary component of NRPP certification and compliance with many licensing states. This course draws from existing state requirements as well as AARST resources and ANSI Standards guidance. If you do not have a QAP, you will walk out of this session with a solid beginning plan and a clear direction. If you have a QAP, you will gain new components to strengthen your plan.
Instructors: Bruce Snead, MURC-KSU
Both courses combined $150 – Lunch is on your own.
To register on-line, visit https://outreach.ksu.edu/etrakWebApp/Registration.aspx?MeetingCode=605097AR
To register online, you will need to set up an account with a user I.D. (which is your e-mail address) and password. If are already in our system from a previous workshop, you'll be taken to the registration form.
Or, fax your completed registration form to (785) 532-2422.
To register by mail, send your completed form** to: Radon Workshop, K-State Global Campus, Kansas State University, 1615 Anderson Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66502.
**For mail-in form, please see page 3 of course flyer.
Call the Conferences and Non-Credit Programs Registration Office at (785) 532-5569 or 1-800-432- 8222 or e-mail email@example.com for registration information. Please include the name of the event in the subject line of your e-mail. For course content questions, call Bruce Snead at (785) 532-4992.
You can pay by check on site, by credit card ahead of time or we can invoice your firm. Upon receipt of registration you will be sent an electronic confirmation letter and map.
**For our cancellation policy, please see course flyer.
A conference or noncredit program participant who needs accommodations due to a disability or who has special dietary requirements should indicate services needed at the time of registration. If you have further questions please contact the Conference Registration Office (785) 532-5569 or 1-800-432-8222. Early notification is requested, by August 25 to ensure that accommodations can be provided in a timely manner.
Other Regional In-Person Courses
For further information about MURC-UMN courses, including information and registration for courses held in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin go to the MURC web site: www.cce.umn.edu/radon
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required hands-on field session is also completed and the Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: July 1 - August 1, 2016, (start anytime on or after July 1, finish by August 1)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: July 1 – September 15 (start anytime July 1 or after, finish by September 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: August 1 - September 15 (start anytime August 1 or after, finish by September 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)
CE Options for Kansas Certified Professionals
In addition to the online courses hosted by KSU identified above the following options are available for continuing education courses:
- Any of the Regional Radon Training Centers; web sites can be found here:
- AARST-NRPP continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- NRSB continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- Radon Away training courses:
- CERTI training courses: