Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule 2015
Combined Radon Measurement and Mitigation Course & Exams - January 11-16, 2016 - Springfield, MO
January 11-12, 2016 -- Measurement Course -- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday 5:30pm -- Measurement Exam
January 13-16, 2016 -- Mitigation Course
- Saturday 8:00am -- Mitigation Exam
If you are interested only in mitigation and have not already taken a measurement course, you must attend all week to properly perpare for the mitigation exam.
If you have already taken a measurement course you can attend the mitigation course from Wednesday thru Friday and take the exam on Saturday morning.
|Early Bird by Jan 4||After Jan 4|
|5 Day Combined course & both exams||$775||$825|
Measurement course & exam
|Measurement course only||$400||$450|
Mitigation course & exam
*(previous measurement course required)
|Mitigation course only||$500||$550|
|Either exam only||$125||$150|
- To register online, visit https://outreach.ksu.edu/etrakWebApp/Registration.aspx?MeetingCode=605097AQ
- Or, fax your completed registration form to 785-532-2422.
Other Regional In-Person Courses
For further information about MURC-UMN courses, including information and registration for courses held in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin go to the MURC web site: www.cce.umn.edu/radon
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required “hands-on” or “field” portion of the mitigation training is also accomplished and the “Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training” is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: November 1 - November 30, (start anytime on or after November 1, finish by November 30)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: October 1 – December 15 (start anytime October 1 or after, finish by December 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: November 1 - December 15 (start anytime November 1 or after, finish by December 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)
CE Options for Kansas Certified Professionals
In addition to the online courses hosted by KSU identified above the following options are available for continuing education courses:
- Any of the Regional Radon Training Centers; web sites can be found here:
- NRPP continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- NRSB continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- Radon Away training courses:
- CERTI training courses: