Information on all our courses serving KS, NE, MO, AR, OK, TX, LA and across the nation can also be found at our new Radon Courses web page at http://www.engext.ksu.edu/radoncourses
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses April 2012.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org
Kansas Radon Program – In-Person Training Schedule
Conducted by Engineering Extension at Kansas State University with support from the Kansas State Indoor Radon Program. Serves all KS, NE, and NRPP Radon Certification requirements. For content questions call Bruce Snead at 785-532-4992.
- Tuesday 5:30 p.m. - Measurement Exam
Midwest Inspectors Institute (upstairs)
512 Delaware St.
Leavenworth, KS 66048
Phone: (913) 680-1757
*Park in lot north of building, on south side of Shawnee St. Enter through white door on alley.
**For local lodging options, please see page 1 of course flyer.
|Early Bird by Oct 31||After Oct 31|
|Measurement course & exam||$485||$535|
|Measurement course only||$410||$460|
|Measurement exam only||$125||$150|
*(previous measurement course required for mitigation course/exam)
For payment options, please see page 2 of course flyer.
- To register on-line, visit https://outreach.ksu.edu/etrakWebApp/Registration.aspx?MeetingCode=605097AT
To register online, you will need to set up an account with a user I.D. (which is your e-mail address) and password. If are already in our system from a previous workshop, you'll be taken to the registration form.
- Or, fax your completed registration form to (785) 532-2422.
- To register by mail, send your completed form to:
Radon Workshop Registration
K-State Global Campus
Kansas State University
1615 Anderson Avenue
Manhattan, KS 66502
Other Regional In-Person Courses
For further information about MURC-UMN courses, including information and registration for courses held in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin go to the MURC web site: www.cce.umn.edu/radon
In partnership with the national consortium of Regional Radon Training Centers, Kansas State University began offering online Radon Training Courses in April 2012.
All courses meet Kansas Certification requirements. The online Radon Measurement Training Course qualifies as an initial radon measurement technician certification course for Kansas certification. The online Radon Mitigation Course will qualify as an initial radon mitigation technician certification course as long as the required hands-on field session is also completed and the Mentor Checklist for Field-Based Radon Mitigation Training is submitted along with certification application.
The courses all qualify as initial courses for AARST-NRPP certification. The mitigation stand-alone course is designed for those who have already taken a measurement course and will not satisfy AARST-NRPP requirements for the Mitigation Certification Exam without taking an additional measurement training course. Online courses offered include the following:
Measurement Course Online
- Self-paced: October 1 - October 31, 2016, (start anytime on or after October 1, finish by October 31)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in measurement. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Combined Course Online
- Self-paced: October 1 – December 15 (start anytime October 1 or after, finish by December 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exams; fulfills requirement for entry level courses. Strongly recommended that Measurement Course be take prior to Mitigation Course. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
Mitigation Course Online
- Self-paced: November 1 - December 15 (start anytime November 1 or after, finish by December 15)
- Pre-requisite for AARST-NRPP Professional Certification Exam; fulfills requirement for entry level course in mitigation. For completion, must also register for and complete daylong, hands-on field session; contact us to arrange attending a field session. For AARST-NRPP Mitigation Certification, you must have already completed a Radon Measurement Course; this course does NOT meet measurement education requirements for AARST-NRPP mitigation certification exam. AARST-NRPP Certification Exam must be scheduled separately.
For additional information on online radon training and to register go to www.radoncoursesonline.org (link is external)
CE Options for Kansas Certified Professionals
In addition to the online courses hosted by KSU identified above the following options are available for continuing education courses:
- Any of the Regional Radon Training Centers; web sites can be found here:
- AARST-NRPP continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- NRSB continuing education courses: online, home study and classroom type:
- Radon Away training courses:
- CERTI training courses: